Re: User oriented release notes

Hi :o)

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 16:31 +0200, Claus Schwarm wrote:
 (1) You should not waste your time to work-around 'bugs', anyway. You
should fix the bug if possible.

 (2) People want the new information quickly - see "Inverted Pyramid
Format" for news stories. [1]

 (3) The release notes are published on the web: It's easy to make a
link to the proper section, and thus not waste the time of people who
know what GNOME is.

Couldn't agree more on all these three points, thanks for making that
clear :)

You are correct to say journalists do not start articles by describing
the subject when it is obviously known to the reader, such as Ferrari,
China or the planet Earth. Of course when writing on a less known
subject, a newspaper article will invariably inform the reader early on.
As much as I would like GNOME to be as universally renowned as Ferrari
or China, I'm afraid it is still far from it. Again, it boils down to
who we are writing for, plus perhaps the fact that the definition of
GNOME can be elusive. Artful is the way to start the article gently for
the uninitiated without boring the rest.

Love, Karderio.