Re: Page Layout Update

Hi :o)

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 00:33 +0100, Lee Tambiah wrote:
Please find version 0.1 (.svg format) for the "Secondary Page Layout" on the LayoutPlanning page at:-

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/LayoutPlanning

Secondary Page Structure Download
http://leetambiah.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/downloads/layoutPlanSecondary0.1.svg

We need some comments please take a look.

Looks good.

I certainly wouldn't put planet GNOME feeds on the front page. Users
either won't know what people are talking about, or be confused to the
point of suspecting the site to be compromised when they see a bloke
talking about his last holidays in Spain.

Perhaps something of an introductory text along the lines of "GNOME, the
soft fluffy computer simplifier !\n\n If you want to know more or even
see the contraption in action, click 'about'. Find out how to get your
hands on it by clicking...".

Apart from that, it looks great. In fact if we put that SVG in place of
the current site, it would be an improvement in many ways :o)

A couple comments :

I do hope that each link in the Primary Nav Bar will link to a single
set of subpages. For example, when I click on About, I would expect
*all* the pages in that section to be displayed in the block of links
shown on the right. This could maybe even be a rule of thumb, anything
requiring another level of hierarchy being either badly organised,
superfluous, belonging on another site or in a new primary section.

I suppose the site will be displayed in the language sent by the users
browser...

Love, Karderio.