Re: wgo Tour: which pages?

--- Alex Hudson <home alexhudson com> wrote:

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 14:36 +0000, Joachim Noreiko
wrote:
No.
10x10 is a pipedream and Topaz is nothing more
than a
big dump of crazy ideas on the wiki.

That's a bit harsh.

There's a fine line between "vision" and
"vapourware", though.

I'm in a harsh mood.
If we're going to promote something, we have to feel
it's worth promoting.

A lot of the individual ideas in Topaz are good and
should trickled into 2.x.
But there's no sense of a solid plan for a new
desktop. Just a big tip of ideas, some of which are
good, some of which aren't.
I don't feel able to promote that without, erm, lying.

 Somewhere there's a mostly CSS-based presentation
thingy. Does anyone else remember what I mean?

S5, but it also needs Javascript.

For most people it'd probably be fine, and you
probably could hack it to
fall back to non-Javascript for a specific
presentation.

Never mind then. It was just a thought.

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html