Re: wgo Tour: which pages?

--- Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 14:36 +0000, Joachim Noreiko
wrote:
--- Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

What about inserting here a page about
Innovation &
Roadmap... GNOME
shaping its future.

That would be good. If that was something GNOME
did.

Well it's not just what GNOME does (*), but also
what GNOME can handle.
For instance, do you want to have all those 3D,
transparent, rainy,
whatever effects in your desktop? Enjoy them with
GNOME.

If the argument is still unconvincing, can we find
other areas of
attractive innovation?

Or is GNOME not having innovation at all?

There's innovation, but no roadmap.
Flashy new features get put into gnome, but often
without considering the integration into the overall
desktop, and without the follow-up work.
There's an essay I read on the web a while ago about
how most software projects never get past 0.9
(possibly by Havoc in fact, but I don't remember and I
can't find it). We're doing this too often.