Re: GNOME ScienceCD

Hi Claus,

Certainly, gathering software which is useful to universities is an
important part of university outreach, but it's not the only thing to do.

The most important thing is to actually do presentations on free
software in universities, help GNOME and Linux user groups to develop in
the unis, and get in contact with department heads to ask that their
computer-based courses be desktop agnostic.

The human contact side of this is both the most time consuming and the
most important. Could you leave the UniversityOutreah page where it is,
since one of these days I plan to make a start on getting orga,nised on
that front?

Cheers,
Dave.

Claus Schwarm wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted to tell you that I moved the University Outreach project
pages and renamed the project to 'GNOME ScienceCD'.

This make it easier to understand what the project is all about.

I just started to look into some of the package from the initial
application list, and this could be some more work. Some projects don't
use the autotools, for example, have no desktop files, or rely on
"strange" packages (my Ubuntu rep tells me "Termcap" shouldn't be used
anymore, for example).

To get this organized, I'll apply for a seperate mailing list. See you
there, hopefully!

Cheers,
Claus

--