Defining ungoals?

Hi,

Something I've found very useful in the past when defining project scope
is to define ungoals - things which might conceivably have been goals,
but which we are specifically not going to do.

Ungoals can be very useful in preventing feature creep, but also in
keeping people's minds on what the goals are - our goal, of course, is a
stylish website where information is easily available and of a high
quality for a fairly small number of use-cases.

But are there specific use-cases which we are consciously not going to
cater to?

There was an article I read somewhere about the news.bbc.co.uk site
redesign which seems particularly pertinent... I think it came through
this list a couple of weeks back?

http://homepage.mac.com/eyedropper/docs/glasswall.pdf

Cheers,
Dave.