Re: Experiences with these CMSs

Gergely Nagy wrote:
Do I mean the current system for managing content? Yes :)

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 01:32 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
wgo is currently maintained via CVS/SVN editing the pages directly. No
CMS involved. Do you mean checking the requirements against the current
system?

Not strictly true - there is a (albeit hacky) template system, and of course a system for translating pages (using xslt etc). Of course, since the files live in a version control system, we also have a complete history of who edited what and when. I still don't think we should rule out a good build system that creates static pages. This has the advantage of being very secure, and also high performance. The biggest problem with it at the moment is that the rebuild process isn't very intelligent, so every single file is regenerated, regardless of whether or not it has changed.

-Thomas