Re: Writing the 2.16 release notes (and press release)

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 12:09 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

I've wondered whether we get decent exposure from the "What's new in..."
articles - they're definitely interesting for a section of the public
who already know about our software. But one thing I've missed is an
overview of the desktop (not a massive overview, but how people actually
use GNOME, and how the new stuff affects workflows. Screencasts fit in
nicely here. A full desktop overview would take far too long to be
considered for September, but perhaps for March?

The GNOME Tour could do this, if anybody found the time to finish it:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2005-August/msg00148.html

Dave, I agree with what you're saying here.

Murray, thanks for reminding me of this. I started working on a tour
from a slightly different tack (more slide based, I wanted then to add
some manner of screencasting). I had been writing my own solution, but I
saw something interesting that Carl Worth was using for his Cairo talk.

It would be nice to get a tour as part of the "release notes".

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA