Re: Writing the 2.16 release notes (and press release)

Hi,

Quim Gil wrote:
I want to help producing release notes and press releases more friendly
and effective for our user targets and journalists. What do we explain
and how, how do we show them in wgo and the projects subsites. How we
use screenshots, and screencasts. Also how these materials are
advertised afterward.

I'm going to do something I hate to see people doing - throw out an idea
and then fade back into the shadows.

I've wondered whether we get decent exposure from the "What's new in..."
articles - they're definitely interesting for a section of the public
who already know about our software. But one thing I've missed is an
overview of the desktop (not a massive overview, but how people actually
use GNOME, and how the new stuff affects workflows. Screencasts fit in
nicely here. A full desktop overview would take far too long to be
considered for September, but perhaps for March?

The GNOME Tour could do this, if anybody found the time to finish it:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2005-August/msg00148.html

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com