Re: request for auditing drupal

Ahoy,

On Friday 21 July 2006 14:41, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le jeudi 20 juillet 2006, à 12:46, Gergely Nagy a écrit :
* Friendly URLs:

drupal uses php, and urls look like example.com/node.php?nodeid=35353.
With apache's mod_rewrite this can be beautified to
example.com/node/35353. Furthermore, with a drupal module any URL can be
assigned to a node. This has to be manually assigned to each node.
(include more details if useful)

I just want to state that example.com/node/35353 is not friendly since
nobody knows what's in the page with only the URL. The pathauto might
help (I couldn't find an example of how it works, so I don't know).

Here's an example of pathauto in use:
http://www.pandpnetwork.dreamhosters.com/journal/

That's the root of the site. These URLs were automatically constructed out of
a pattern including the types and titles of the nodes:
http://www.pandpnetwork.dreamhosters.com/journal/issues/number_1_democracy_now
http://www.pandpnetwork.dreamhosters.com/journal/articles/trade

You can also do things like /tags/peanuts rather than /taxonomy/term/3

Regards,
Tom

--
The task of critique is not to denounce the ideals, but to show their
transformation into ideologies, and to challenge the ideology in the