Re: [Fwd: Idea: optional info "about" Gnome Friends]

On 7/17/06, Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

[snipping off bits of the forwarded mail]

I think recognition of Friends is great - we all like to be appreciated
and this is a great way.  How about offering Friends the option of listing
something about themselves e.g.
o home location (encouraged)
o a few words about interests
o a url or email addr (preferable: url to page that has email)

Spreading GNOME through word-of-mouth of friends who appreciate the work done and are recognised on the GNOME site might not be a bad idea after all. Although putting up a listing of the same might become cumbersome in the long run. Would a map "Friends of GNOME" map be a more useful interface ?

:Sankarshan

--
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;