GNOME Software Map

After the fruitful thread about gnomefiles.org... a proposal for some
conclusions.

- gnome.org needs a GNOME Software Map showing at least the official
GNOME applications. We need to cook this map ourselves. As a pragmatic
approach we can start listing the applications that are included in
GNOME 2.16, being a good resource to be linked from the release notes.

- At some point someone will come complaining that their application is
not on the list although it is like official, mature, widely shipped,
etc. We will need the famous checklist to certify official GNOME
applications, but this won't be a challenge for the current release and,
in fact, is not a debate the web team should start, nor lead. In case of
real need we can consider increasing the list including projects active
in the GNOME cvs and bugzilla, that have got some kind of official GNOME
recognition.

- In the GNOME Software Map we will feature at least a link to
gnomefiles.org, with the comments we feel needed. We can also include
their feed, or maybe we find the way to have a feed with only free apps
if we think this is appropriate.

- We can develop a more complex and automated software map and we can
study other ways of collaboration with gnomefiles.org... but these goals
would be discussed in future releases.

These steps would be feasible for the current release and would solve an
old big problem of the current gnome.org site.