Re: The relation with gnomefiles.org

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 01:13 -0700, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
As I think is mentioned one one of the wiki pages, we need to reuse
information somehow, maybe with DOAP. Many people don't use gnomefiles.org
because we don't want to enter information in multiple places. I've mostly
stopped using freshmeat for the same reasons.

Gnomefiles has special needs for fields. If the DOAP standard can accomodate
these (it was originally designed for Freshmeat AFAIK), and if someone help
me out with the PHP part of pulling these correctly into the DB, the feature
will be added.

Can you provide us (me) with your database schema? (structural SQL dump,
no data necessary)

I can do some data modeling, to see how we could import/export
metadata.

Also, I'd like to make some suggestions for making your URLs more
friendly, based on the DB schema.

Hmm, our mail archives are not updating, I'll forward you some emails
about our URL discussions.

While we are at it, is it possible to redirect all gnomefiles.org
traffic to www.gnomefiles.org? (or vice versa, but I think
www.gnomefiles.org is better).

Greg