Re: The relation with gnomefiles.org

As I wrote to the email the marketing-list that hasn't got through yet (I
can't seem to be able to register with this list), this is to be fixed.
For
example, a non-OSS license will be displayed in italics, in red color and
maybe a popup window explaining that this is not open source. I am not
sure
how more clear I can make it without changing the existing DB...

Excellent. Thanks.

For instance, "VM Player" is listed, confusingly as
"freeware", and "VMware" is listed as "commercial".

Actually both are correct. VMWare is commercial (or was when it was
entered

Almost nothing is not "commercial". And "commercial" tells me nothing
about whether or not the software is either free(dom)/open or proprietary.

in the DB) and VMWare Player is freeware.

"freeware" is not a clear term. It can easily be confused with "free
software". It is not necessary to be unclear.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com