Re: wgo revamp: Drupal or Wiki ? or a wiki in Drupal ?

Hi Amazigh, thanks for bringing your thoughts to the wgo revamp.

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 13:17 +0200, AMAZIGH Aneglus wrote:
Hi !

I'm a little lost in this discussion.

We don't want lost energies. I recommend you to pick one (and just one)
task at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/DevelopmentTimeline and push it
until we get to agreed conclusions and real results. You can take a task
without responsible or you can help in a task with a responsible
assigned.

The problem is that now the site is

These points have already been found and put in positive. See "Goals"
and "Points to remember" at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/

let's list all gnome websites or part of the gnome website :

Thank you! This is a big part of the work Thomas Wood needs to do for
the *.gnome.org partitioning draft. I'm CCing him, just in case he
didn't receive your previous post.

don't forget that a guy is working on library.gnome.org for SoC 2006 [4]

He is following the wgo revamp and we are following his steps. Remember
though that here_and_now we are concentrating efforts on the
www.gnome.org revamp, not the whole *gnome.org websites redesign. This
will be a challenge for the next release cycle.

Normal Users (NU) want to

See http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/UseCases and feel free to improve
them.

About the rest of (interesting) ideas you are suggesting, I recommend
you to prioritize those you think that should go to wgo (and not other
*go subsites) and push them with reasoning and detail.

Let's describe the website of an application:

This is a complete different thread. Post-september in our timeline,
although you can choose to push this topic, since one day or another we
will need to go back to it.

Another problem : forum/ML/news//: we should be able to provide all at
-- the same time --

Another separate thread. We are not planning these services for wgo, so
there is no need for immediate discussion.

Then we could provide blogs (and photo sharing), why ?

Same thing

and why not a start page [3], a webmail what else ? :)

Same thing, although there might be a relation between wgo and the start
page.

wgo goals should be 'one banner' 'one password' so we must build
bridges between all the part of the websites or build all the website
over the same framework.

Agreed. This is a policy.  :)

I hope I made my point of view plain.

Mmmm yes, but I hope I also made mine asking you to concentrate in one
aspect (ok, or maybe two) in order to help efficiently to the wgo
revamp. After months/years of discussion we are now in full development
process, vague discussions and multithread emails have the risk to be
left behind even if containing good stuff.