Re: OSCON was Re: [Fwd: blah blah LinuxWorld San Francisco 2005 blah blah]

----- David Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:
Hi,

Paul Cooper wrote:
Another thing we could do is hold a BOF / impromptu event. Haven't
been to OSCON at it's new venue but they alway used to provide
rooms
for BOFS. With at least Glynn, JDub and me there we should have
enough people to do something (if nothing else talk about Guadec
2007).

I'll see about the possibility of a stand, if people are available to
man it.

I would tend to agree with Sriram that a booth may not be the most productive use of our time at OSCON. I've
just found out that they are also doing a BarCamp style unconference in parallel with OSCON called (wait for
it.....) OSCAMP. See http://oscamp.org - in particular http://oscamp.org/Call_for_Speakers - although
BarCamps are usually unstructured plan-it-on-the-day kind of events.

Perhaps we can think of some things to present there?

Paul

Cheers,
Dave.

--