Re: SpreadGNOME.org

Ahoy,

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 14:22, michael phoronix com wrote:
It's using a custom Phoronix CMS system
under the hood, and can basically handle any other valid features that
users might request.

It would have been really nice if you'd opted for Drupal, which SpreadFirefox,
SpreadOpenOffice.org and SpreadKDE are using. GNOME also *might* go for
Drupal for their main web infrastructure. There would be a huge potential for
collaboration if we all used Drupal.

Obviously you're free to use whatever you want for this site, and nobody
should ever adopt a particular technology just because it offers
collaboration potential. But (and I'm sure GNOME people will chip in on this)
it's really nice to talk with others in the same and related projects
first :)

Anyway, good luck with it all, I'll be interested to see where the project
goes.

Kind regards
Tom Chance
KDE Promotion team

--
The task of critique is not to denounce the ideals, but to show their
transformation into ideologies, and to challenge the ideology in the