Re: wgo structure

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:47:18 -0600
Gezim Hoxha <gezimetc shaw ca> wrote:

I also don't like "Know" for some reason. I think maybe because
it sounds like there is some knowledge expected already or I can't
quite pin down my dislike for "Know". "Get to know" or "Discover"
would work better, I think.

Yeah. 'Know' sounds passive, not active: One doesn't really do
something. I like 'Discover'!

Maybe 'Study' would be a better word than 'Learn': To study something
is intensive, concentrated; to learn something is often a forced or
required act ("You gotta learn this now!")

Cheers,
Claus