Re: wgo structure

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:01:23 +0200
Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

I shouldn't be talking about navigation bars yet, but I'll try. This
structure could bring us to a nav bar like this:

[GNOME logo]  Know - Try - Learn - Work - Join - Enjoy!

[snip]

You may like to consider 'Create' instead of 'Work' -- sounds a little
bit more positive I guess.

I'm sceptical about the verb stuff but it would be nice to hear other
opinions.

Concerning your Enjoy! page: I'd probably say the front page is the
best place for news about cool stuff.

However, the *real* problem will be the lack of a dedicated editor
team! Unless you have one, I don't think your Enjoy page will be
exciting for a long time.

Concerning 'Foundation': No problem. Moved to 'Community' (soon).

Concerning the sitemap: Yes, I assumed something differently.
But I see no use case for this list you presented. Why have it on wgo?
It should remain on live.go

Concerning 'Contact': the main use case is press people and journalists:
They will look for a Contact page. Of course, we can put it in the
footer. This is a design detail.

Btw, the structure may look large but this the web: People are not
required to click links. Those who visit wgo will not be ordinary
users without *any* experience in using web pages.

However, I'll try to merge both drafts duing the weekend if Joachim
doesn't mind.

If there are any important issues left, you may like to start a new
threat. I somehow come to believe we lost the rest of the mailing
list. :-)

Cheers,
Claus