Re: WGO : GNOME Software Map

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 10:22:55 +1000
Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

Where "easily satisfied" on my terms demands some introspective
thought and design. Just saying "whack up a home page" or "create
projects.gnome.org" does *not* satisfy my questions - in fact that's
the whole reason I've been asking them.

Both are independent tasks: Even if we create projects.gnome.org
(which will have to wait until the SVN stuff is through anyway) and
whack up a few homepages, you are still able to create a sort of design
guideline, make this a GNOME goal or a goal of the next web release
circle, and update these pages.

However, if such a guideline is not created, it does not affect the
ability of project maintainers to whack up a homepage. And they don't
depend on decisions about CMSes or any other stuff discussed for wgo.

This is the point of projects.gnome.org: better maintainability for
prgo and wgo as well.

Cheers,
Claus