Re: gnome app pages (was confusingly Gnome Software Map)

Jeff Waugh wrote :
Secondly, as someone mentioned on this list only
a week or so ago, look at all the Apple product sites (also that you
can get
info about almost any product using www.apple.com/<product>Secondly,
as someone mentioned on this list only

Yeah, I really like the apple.com's way. For example, if you go to
http://www.apple.com/safari,
you are redirected towards http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/safari/.

And a GNOME example :
http://www.gnome.org/epiphany -> http://www.gnome.org/desktop/epiphany

In each page of /desktop/, we can feature the app in a gnome-fashioned
way.
You know, like web2.0's "take a tour", with screenshots and/or
screencasts.

Gergely Nagy wrote :
- integration

So how can we integrate with other resources?

We can display the feed from gnomefiles.org and link there, to channel
visitors looking for the myriad of apps out there. We can link to, or
possibly slurp some data from the projects pages. Gnomefiles could be
used for general searching for apps, or displaying similar apps (e.g.
based on their categores), etc.

Yeah, maybe we can provide a link like "Show me more applications of
this category" or so.
But I am not sure about that. I think that may disturb the user.

- Simon