Re: murrayc bio & photo needed for GUADEC journal

Claus Schwarm wrote:
"rasterization effect" (sorry, I'm not sure about the English word).

That's it. Pixellation works too, I think.

This may happen with small images optimised for web usage (72dpi).

With pngs, this is fine usually - you get a little pixellation, but
nothing too dramatic. But with low(res jpegs, your photos look rotten in
print because of the effect that you get with DCT.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary