Re: Promoting GNOME in Portugal - aLANtejo 2005

Hello Bruno,

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 22:11 +0000, Bruno Teixeira wrote:

Now that we have a confirmed speaker - his information is in the end of
this email -, it would make perfect sense to have GNOME's presence in
our event.

Parallel to the congress, there will be a tent reserved for technologie
showings and sponcers, where we could have a GNOME stand. We could also
have GNOME banners and such things.

Thank you for this invitation. There are some GNOME banners in Europe,
so this should be possible depending on the schedule of other events.

Also, would it be possible to have
some suport on the travel expenses of the speaker.

Let me discuss this with Juan José Sánchez Penas and the foundation
board.

Best regards,

tim

Information on the GNOME speaker:

Juan José Sánchez Penas

The Computer Science Students Association (NEEI) from the University of Evora in Portugal
is organizing, in association with the Computer Science Department, a Congress on Information
Technologies on the 20th, 21st 22nd of October 2005 (after a reschedule). The event is called
aLANtejo 2005, you can browse the our home page at alantejo.uevora.pt .

It is inteded to be a nation wide event with audiences not only from the student population,
but from leading companies from the Information Technology field as well, especially in the
Alantejo Region.

We would like to have a Round Table with Kde and Gnome representatives, to discuss
 the different technical aspects as well as the different choices  made during the
 process of creating the Desktop Suites. We would be extremely grateful if you could
 attend our forthcoming event.