Re: Proposal for GNOME press release about Nokia device

On Tue, 31 May 2005 09:38:54 +0200
Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

<quote who="Claus Schwarm">

Relevant is everything interesting around the event:

In a few weeks, we'll be in a position to start a marketing campaign,
and possibly involve some press releases, about 10x10 (see my topaz
talk video). :-)

Saw it yesterday, and I love it: "Good morning, freedom lovers" :)

It's great to see many suggestions, ideas, and even critics often
discussed here on this list presented outside of our small club.

For example, I suggested a 5x5 goal here last october [1]. You probably
never saw it, or don't remember. Also the difference of being 'in
GNOME', and being GNOME, as you called it - for the same reason I tried
to redo GNOME's software map: it was basically designed to find our
most important ISV's to help them get more GNOMEy. Or the missing agenda
stuff, etc, etc.

This is really exciting!

I already started thinking about a wiki page, made a few calculations
about the numbers, possible ways to reach that numbers, etc. Very
inspriring talk.

I only missed a few details about your talk's topic Topaz. ;)

Cheers,
Claus

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2004-October/msg00042.html