Re: Actions

Hey,

Hrm, what about universities?

Do you mean students (which would kind of fit into a potential
contributor target audience (1)) or IT department heads (which would
pretty well fit into the public administration target audience (2))? Of
course there are special points to address with university IT
departments. Often they are interested not just in costs, but in
relevancy. So we would need to show (at the stage where we start sending
people to do presentations and demos) that GNOME can provide the
framework they can use for courses, and can provide the type of
experience that students will need in the marketplace.

Sounds like you have them covered. I just think it's an important area
where we already have a good deal of support.

It's not my place to decide, but I am of the opinion that colleges
should be toolkit and platform agnostic, and should teach neither
windows or GTK+ programming.

Generally they teach what they know and what is topical - seems like
it's worth trying to influence that.

The stuff in the list was a list of things which we have had discussions
about on the list. They didn't quite come out of the blue :) I suspect
they all have at least one wiki page already :)

Ahh, ok - if that's the case, then it would be useful to provide the
wiki page, and/or discussion links. I'm just seeing it from a high
level, that those task are pretty hard to pick up on from a casual
observer. Feel free to ignore me though ;)

Glynn