Re: upcoming conferences and liveCDs

On 5/3/05, David Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:

Hi,

On May 3, 2005, at 8:41 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 01:17:49PM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
On 5/3/05, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com> wrote:
I'm going to put Penguincon as a future conference to keep track of.

Where? It would be good to have a wiki page with a list of annual
conferences, not tied to specific years, if that makes sense...

Good question, it's too late for 2005 obviously.  I guess we need a
flat
list of conferences...

There was some discussion of this last year :)

Yeah, I remembered we had it, but wasn't sure where it went. Did we
get a wiki page up? My thinking is that we could have a general list
of conferences that happen every year, and then a list (either same
place or separate) listing what the date of the next known one is,
whether or not we've contacted the organizer, what speakers we have
there, etc., etc.

GNOME:
GNOME Summit
GUADEC

General desktop ones
aKademy
DesktopCon (new this year)

European general:
LinuxTag
FOSDEM
Solutions Linux
RMLL
EuroOSCon (new this year)

North American general:
OSCon
OLS

LWE Boston and LWE SF

Australian:
linuxconf.au (and its GNOME minicon)

Looks fairly complete to me but like you say I'm sure there are mising ones.

Luis