Re: Getting involved through the website

So if you (or others) have the will, the time and the ability to take a
big axe to the GNOME website, please feel free to do so.

There is a mispelling. You mean "So if you and others...".  :)

will: sounds very challeging.

time: very attached to will, as we know.

ability: apparently yes.

But let me doublecheck that my involvement in the MarketingTeam and the
GNOME community in general is not just a post-GUADEC effect but
something more permanent.

One of the
things which I would like to do (and which was discussed at the board
during GUADEC) is to transfer control of the content of the site to the
marketing team, and leave the infrastructure under the control of the
sysadmins & web team.

This makes sense.

The GettingInvolved project is a good test in this direction because it
already implies changes in the main gnome.org site and some
recommendations for parts of the whole *.gnome.org. This test will help
us as well to start exercising as the MarketingTeam this control (or
initiative at least) over structure, content and look&feel.

You're absolutely right. There are artists around the GNOME and the
GIMP, but for the moment, they are not being organised and directed.

GettingInvolved should start solving this problem.

Plus, when you start talking about visual image,
it's very important to have a coherent vision

GettingInvolved IS NOT going to solve this key problem.  :)

Quim