Re: Drawing the pretty pictures

Andreas Nilsson wrote:

Simos Xenitellis wrote:

Now, how the first screen appears is quite important for first
impressions in a marketing way, so the boot splash should look good.
Something like this?
http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gnomelive212-bootsplash.png
http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gnomelive212-bootsplash.svg

Sweet :) That looks nice!

I am not sure whether we should finish the work on the new bootsplash yet, or
make generic SVG versions now that Andreas is available for custom use.
Are there any other pressing needs for artwork now? Such as icons for applications?

If not, I record here some technical additions on the bootsplash.
- The boot screen has a black background. It might be possible to change, but this would require change the Ubuntu LiveCD which we might not be able to do. (We would need to support thereafter). - Therefore, to get how the full boot screen will look like, expand the bootsplash logo to 640x480 and make black the remaining (that's the rectangle [0,320]-[640,480]) to see how it looks. - The resulting image needs to be converted to indexed, at 16 colours. The current version looks good,
with 3-4 colours only.
- By the time of 2.12, we will probably come up with a catchphrase, which will have to be translated in individual languages. We might have the issue that a translation might be longer/shorter than the English version.

Simos