Re: GNOME wins in the OSNews poll

<quote who="Elliot Lee">

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Ken VanDine wrote:

Web polls: A great way to measure which project can marshal more
supporters to vote.

We realise that.

We also realise that day-in-day-out polls with KDE leading GNOME by a 1/3
margin have a significant effect on the popular psyche, particularly with
the crucial early adopter / momentum user market.

They may be completely unscientific, and we may have had a snooty attitude
to them in the past, but we're not going to let that get in the way of
making our presence known.

Don't believe the hype. But don't dismiss it, either.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: May 29th-31st                           http://2005.guadec.org/

        "We must be proactive, eternally vigilant, forever fighting,
             overwhelmingly clever and handsome." - Robert Love