Re: Bounties funded by Google, for GNOME

One of the bounties fits perfectly in one of the needs we detected in
the Marketing BOF during the GUADEC:

---------------------------------

Gnome architecture overview (Bug #306309) | | Discuss | Claim Bounty
Documentation Bounty: $4500
Write a document giving an overview of the GNOME development platform's
architecture. The target audience for this document includes developers
who want to begin developing software on GNOME, people who want to begin
contributing to GNOME, or system administrators who want a better
understanding of how the pieces fit together. This bounty will go to the
authors of the best paper.

http://www.gnome.org/bounties/Documentation.html#306309

4.500€ is a budget big enough that could be invested either in a huge
PDF-book or in a more graphical and eye-candy presentation. Even
assuming that developers should read thick documentation I think that
nowadays it would be really useful to have a pretty cool visual (and
interactove?) document with nice design and graphics for those stepping
in the GNOME/GTK world for the first time. It would be also useful for
all the GNOME fans (like me), that would have something to feel proud
about and to send to programmers in our personal range of action.

Is it Google or the GNOME Foundation who comission those bounties?

Quim