Re: Friends-of-GNOME database [Re: Modifying GNOME-About to count users]

On 7/13/05, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 07:03 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Owen Taylor">

[ It doesn't look like the CivicCRM relationship to the rest of
  Drupal is strong ... basically Drupal seems to just be used
  as the user database.

It's built on top of the framework as plugins, so it could be separated
logically, but it'd include a bunch of Drupal anyway. Organisationally
they're getting closer, the latest CivicSpace stuff is not a branch of
Drupal, just a bunch of plugins on top of 4.6, which helps both projects.

CivicCRM and civicspace are basically separate projects, right?

As I understand it, civiccrm intends to live under the civicspace
umbrella when it is closer to releasable- something like evo's
relationship to GNOME. I'm no expert, though :)

Luis