a mascot maybe'd help

hi, I'm not a marketing expert at all, in fact I do not know anything about marketing, however I read once an article written by some opera marketing guy that stated that even though logos are great, mascot are greater 'cause you can lead the users to answer what we want them to answer to the "if gnome was a person, how would it look like" question, of course, we don't know what we want them to think yet, but once we know it it would be great to have a mascot, like the os-tan, but with gnome (btw, there's linux-tan, but I don't like her at all).
besides, if the brand has a character it helps the brand to be closer to the user, as what happens with tux, the bsd daemon, the firefox red panda, or, eventually, the gnome girl/guy/whatever (I think it should be a girl as girls are cute, but that's just personal opinion).
btw, I'm sorry for my poor english.
--
Phrodo_00
http://winteredhearts.blogspot.com