Re: 2.10 release notes

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 21:15 +0100, Claus Schwarm wrote:
Yes, we couldn't get approval for real quotes in time, so we had to
make up some generic quotes that the individuals could not possible
disagree with.

Who's doing these approvals?

The people who are quoted.

 * Concentrate on a short list of exciting topics, not a boring list
 of
stuff that's new.

But this is all about what's new.

 Example: "The ability to develop GNOME software in
C++, Java, Perl, and Python, as well as C." This reads as if it's
usual to be able to use all these languages. AFAIK,  this is not the
case. I miss the news factor in such sentences.

I don't quite understand. Maybe you could suggest a rewording.

Yes, sure. But it's too much news. The GNOME 2.8 release had three
exciting points: Evolution, the platform bindings package,

The bindings were not a major user visible feature, and their inclusion
in the release process does not even make that much difference to
developers.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com