Re: Concerning (Live) CDs

Hi, Murray!

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:29:02 +0100
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

Any special purpose distribution will have a small user base and will
therefore be crappy and will lack support. I think we should be
encouraging people to be using mainstream quality distributions.

I suppose you could adapt another distro, if you just add applications
without changing anything else.

The funny thing is: I _never_ wrote about starting a special purpose
distribution! I don't intent to start one! Starting from scratch
is foolish (in most cases)!

Really funny - but, at least, I understand your concerns now. :-)

However, the university outreach project has slightly other goals
that you can't reach by using a website -- at least, from my point
of view. But if you like me to stop working on the idea, just say
so.

Of course not.

Cool! Thanks. :-)

Cheers,