Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 21:55 -0300, Santiago Roza wrote:
It's GNOME plus what GNOME needs to run. We do reverse major Ubuntu
changes such as browse-mode-as-default and Firefox-instead-of-epiphany,
and the theme, so it's a pretty pure GNOME experience.

but what's the point of offering people a "pretty pure gnome
experience" if real-life gnome (the one that comes with fedora or
ubuntu) doesn't look and feel like that?

Fedora or Ubuntu are not wildly different, so it's not a big problem.
Should we
a) Not show them anything, because not everyone uses our defaults?
b) Show them one version (Ubuntu) and forget that we have defaults?
c) Show them nothing?
d) Something else?

I would prefer to just link to LiveCDs for the distributions, but
1) They don't provide these at the right time.
2) They don't all provide them.
3) They are not all a good user experience.

i think we're pretty much obsessed with "the real gnome", but we need
to accept that the real gnome is the one real people receive with real
distros...

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com