Pulling this together...

So, I've sent out some items about how I feel Marketing should go from a
top level group.  There are a lot of conversations going on about
outreach and audience and what not.  But I feel we have not gotten solid
foundations as John has mentioned earlier.

I know for instance there is some disagreement on who we are marketing
to.  So we need to first decide who we are target audiences are.  So far
from the various threads I see these audiences:

* Non-Free Casual Users -- main target in this area could be
  students as one thread mentioned.

* Non-Free Govt Users -- Governments, Cities, etc

* Non-Free Business Users -- Software houses looking at Linux Desktop?

* Non-Free Developers -- main target:  Amateur/Entry Level Programmers ?

* Existing Free Users -- main target: Anyone who'll listen. :-)

* Existing Free based Business user

And what priority do we have?  Who is more important?  If we start
getting enough users or we start seeing an increasing amount of users,
we can market that fact to businesses saying the linux desktop is a
viable place now.  Use are stuff!

So I'd like to knwo what people think is the prime audience and age
group that we are looking for.  Once we have that, the marketing
research and what not we are looking at will make sense.

Thanks,