Re: Merchandise and publicity packs for conferences

Hi,

Jeff Waugh wrote:
Do you know anyone who's hot with inkscape/illustrator, and perhaps a
printers who would make us nice big banners & glossy posters? :)

I feel guilty hitting on jimmac for this kind of stuff all the time...

Printers we can probably sort out through sponsors. Artists - well, we could
open it up to the floor if we had some good specs. Let's start with a vector
format (SVG, EPS) -> how big do we want it?

Sounds like a great idea - a banner should be roughly 1x8 or
1x10, about A3 height (I guess) - that's roughly 42cm x 4.2 m
(wow - that sounds big), posters should be A2 - 42cm wide by 60cm
high - or A1 for really big ones (approx. 60 cm wide, 80 cm
high).

btw, Sebastien Biot has been doing most of the nice banner images on
gnome.org, he might be keen to have a go at a big banner. :-)

Cool :) Let's get this thing rolling...

Cheers,
Dave.

--