Upcoming GIMP release

Hi all,

I've been working on a press pack for the upcoming stable GIMP release. It's online at http://scrappy.ath.cx/~bolsh/ (there's a PDF, a tex source file, and all the screenshots as pngs - to re-build the pdf use "pdflatex presspack").

Gman told me that some of you fine people might be prepared to give me some advice opn how to better organise the document. The intention is to have a press release (1 page), a shortish "About the GIMP" mini-document and a longer "What's new in 2.0" article, with lots of screenshots of the bigger user-visible features in the release.

Some of the feedback I have so far (on layout more than content) is that the press-release shouldn't have screenshots, should be plain text, should be single-column, and should be a separate document. The history bits and more detailed information on the program, as well as screenshots, should be in the "About the GIMP" document.

So - here we come to you guys :) I'm not very good at press releases. The text is pretty understated and dry. I think it should be a bit more sycophantic, but I'm short on ideas. Can anyone make some suggestions on how the press release could be improved, and what kind of changes we can make in general to the document organisation?

Thanks a lot,
Dave.

PS: I'm not on the list, but will check the archives fairly regularly. But I'd appreciate people adding me as a CC too, if that's not inconvenient. Thanks.

--
Dave Neary
bolsh gimp org