Re: [OT - Possibly] Goals and Objectives

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Tredinnick" <malcolm commsecure com au>

I think it is very relevant. If any group feels they don't have a
grasp
on the overall plan / roadmap, then it just becomes mindless
activism,
which is not very productive or rewarding for the participants.

We are part of GNOME-India which is the Indian aspect of the GNOME
Marketing domain. To push this thread along further, I feel that it
would help a lot if some discussion on how GNOME is being 'marketed'
in various countries is discussed. In India, the deciding factor is
that there are a lot less IT shows. This means that we have lesser
number of roadshows to be at.

Now how to go ahead with GNOME India. One possible solution is holding
demos and day-long fairs at regional engineering colleges (sponsored
through the various companies viz big ticket ones like Wipro, Nokia
etc) and another is publishing GNOME sections in magazines and various
media. Independent television is not quite keen into F/LOSS that they
might appreciate the GNOME section.

The day-long fair seems to be a nice idea at the moment. The next
question is - what is being put forward at such fairs ? What does the
Foundation expect us to put forward ? What are the immediate focus
'buzz' applications ?

And to re-iterate we do need a roadmap, leaving each regional list to
its own will does not in any way make for a better story.

Warm regards
Sankarshan

Let's extend the footprint !!