Re: http://www.gnome.org/start/2.6/ ?!

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 01:46 +0800, Colin Charles wrote:

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 15:12, Luis Villa wrote:

* Release Notes:

        For GNOME 2.4, John Fleck took an awesome lead in collecting
        these and getting them ready for the web, which resulted in
        http://www.gnome.org/start/2.4/ If someone could volunteer to do
        the same for 2.6, that would rule. It's basically a matter of
        asking module maintainers for changes since 2.4, collating them
        into one place, and integrating them with stolen bits from the
        old notes. Also, ideally this is ready some time before the
        actual release- it's nice to be able to get this ready for
        reviewers and such.

So, this basically involved going to
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/modules/ and writing to each and every
module maintainer asking them what's changed? Something similar to the
following might apply.

..btw - I am doing something very similar to what I did during the GNOME
2.3 series - http://www.ilug-cal.org/GNOME_2_4.html
If you want to get some info from that you are welcome.
I am around half-way through the work - hopefully it will be complete
sometime during next week - and uploaded somewhere.
I am still not very sure where to upload the article - www.ilug-cal.org
won't be able to stand another slashdotting ;-), especially with all
those images (it is already around 807 kb).

-sdg-