Re: http://www.gnome.org/start/2.6/ ?!

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 15:12, Luis Villa wrote:

* Release Notes:

        For GNOME 2.4, John Fleck took an awesome lead in collecting
        these and getting them ready for the web, which resulted in
        http://www.gnome.org/start/2.4/ If someone could volunteer to do
        the same for 2.6, that would rule. It's basically a matter of
        asking module maintainers for changes since 2.4, collating them
        into one place, and integrating them with stolen bits from the
        old notes. Also, ideally this is ready some time before the
        actual release- it's nice to be able to get this ready for
        reviewers and such.

So, this basically involved going to
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/modules/ and writing to each and every
module maintainer asking them what's changed? Something similar to the
following might apply.

--begin--
Dear $maintainer of $module,

I'm collecting information about the changes $module has undergone since
its inclusion in GNOME 2.4 for the release notes. Please do send me such
information, or point me to where I can get it.

Kind Regards.
--end--

Is this OK?

* Screenshots:

        This has always been a fun and incredibly last-minute thing; it
        would be fun if we got our buts in gear this year and maybe had
        a nice Gallery or something of screenshots showing off people's
        fun GNOME 2.6 desktops.

If people submit them, I'll gladly collect them and place them online
for perusal, and of course, approval.

* Memorial:

        As most of you are probably aware, Ettore Perazzoli, Chema
        Celorio, and Mark Finlay got away from us during the last
        release cycle. We'd like to dedicate this release to them, but
        we need to do it tastefully, obviously. Ideas on how exactly to
        do this are welcome- should it be in the release notes,

"This release dedicated to the ones that we leave behind; Chema Celorio,
Ettore Perazzoli and Mark Finlay, we wish nothing but the best for you
wherever you may be now."

(ok, that was a stab at it!)

I guess if anyone wants to volunteer for any of these tasks, say so, and
start writing or soliciting stuff.

If someone says "go ahead", with grabbing the release notes bit, I'll
start my mass e-mailing :)

Thanks!
--
Colin Charles, byte aeon com my