Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga is dead according to Gentoo

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:00:09 +0000
ekiga-list-request gnome org wrote:
Le lundi 22 janvier 2018 ? 14:41 +0100, Eugen Dedu a ?crit :
On 22/01/18 05:19, David Niklas wrote:

A day of sadness has begun:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/627868

Indeed. Ekiga 5 is ready since 2 years except for the IM part. However,
releasing it requires several hours of polishing, writing a new manual,
updating the website, the ekiga.net platform, and so on.

I had a feeling this was the case but I'm already far too stretched out
to other little-big projects like yours.

I do not have the time anymore to dedicate all my evenings and all my
week-ends to free software development.

Same here, and even if I did it would get very boring and stressful to
think that I had no time for myself and that I needed to get a release in.

It makes me more sad than you can ever imagine, but currently, there is
noone developing on Ekiga itself.

(You here taps playing) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taps

I will probably try in a few weeks/months to finish what I can in the
release because I use Ekiga 5 daily and it works well enough.

I wish you and your team the very best!

Sincerely,
David