Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga hangs at startup - how to delete config

Hallo Hans,

Ekiga is a lovely program. But now and again something comes in and wrecks it. I suspect it is
some sort of modern artifact associated with Windows type stuff. Once you know how to
Restore your ekiga.conf the resurrection process is trivial.

I'm on a XP
The place and the file is :
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\ekiga.conf

Here are the generic instructions with some of my own notes intersperesed. Your Linux will be
different to my windows. ;
 ============
If you want to try a new version of Ekiga and want to come back afterwards, you need to save
your configuration and use it again once your tests ended.

Backing up Ekiga configuration: quit Ekiga if it is running. Then afterwards:

    on Unices, execute killall gconfd-2, copy directory ~/.gconf/apps/ekiga to a safe place.
    on Windows, copy %APPDATA%\ekiga.conf file to a safe place.

eg. C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\ekiga.conf
  Copied to E:\SOFTWARE\voip software\Ekiga\140103 ekiga.conf

Rolling back Ekiga configuration: quit Ekiga if it is running, then afterwards:

    on Unices, execute kill gconfd-2, remove directory ~/.gconf/apps/ekiga and put in
~/.gconf/apps the ekiga directory you have saved
    on Windows, copy the saved ekiga.conf back to its place C:\Documents and
Settings\Admin\Application Data\ekiga.conf

OK,
Tony