Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga audio codecs support

Hi all,

For information, I am running Ekiga 4.0.1 under Debian Jessie on an Acer C720 chrombook.

Andrew.

From: andrew laidlaw <aa_laidlaw yahoo com au>
To: "ekiga-list gnome org" <ekiga-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, 25 January 2016, 1:20
Subject: [Ekiga-list] ekiga audio codecs support

Hi all,

I am new both to ekiga and to soft phones in general.  Recently obtained a SIP account with a voip provider with aim to make voice calls to pstn and mobile phones in Australia whilst I am travelling overseas.

Have successfully registered this account in ekiga, and echo tested at 904 mousepad org

I asked my provider, faktortel, to provide test numbers also.  When I use these numbers i get rejected:  "NO COMMON CODEC".

I found a list of their codecs, and I see the list of ekiga voice codecs under <preferences><audio><codecs>.

It is not clear that there are any codecs in common.

Can I add more audio codecs to Ekiga? And if so How?

Cheers...

Andrew