[Ekiga-list] How do I find a service provider?

Hello Ekiga users,

I have a second phone number that's been kicking around for several
years, and I'd like to use it on my linux laptop for voice and video.
Ekiga sounds great, but I haven't yet found a way to evaluate choices
of service providers. Web searches such as "SIP service provider"
produce junk. They're either corporate-oriented, or there are simply no
obvious good choices. How do I find a service provider? I just need the
basics. Domestic voice is enough, but ideally video and sms too.

Travis