Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga microphone problem Linux Mint

Hi Michael
If you tried a different desktop manager and Ekiga worked it would prove that it was a Mate problem (my bet) rather than an Ekiga issue.

Or maybe you could just try the Mate Desktop people and complain that they've broken the sound device selection again - it didn't work for ages - then it worked fine until a couple of updates ago - now it's broken.

I really like Mate but I use a few different audio devices - usb sound card, web cam, and so on. Every so often I have to switch to Cinnamon because they break the audio device selection. I'm running old(er) hardware and Gnome doesn't work very well for me, if you can run Gnome then try that.

Cinnamon looks good but it's a pain - how can you have a menu that takes longer to load that Libre Office? - but at least the audio works. Sometimes I login with Cinnamon, set up the audio device I want then log out and log back in with Mate - that seems keep the settings.

What a phaff!

David