Re: [Ekiga-list] Registration failure

Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> writes:

On 06/03/14 18:25, Mark Carroll wrote:
(snip)
Ah, thank you. It is interesting that it sometimes works, sometimes
doesn't, with it disabled. As I recall if I turn it on it always
complains that it can't detect the network. (This is the system with
inbound 5060 blocked.) I'll experiment again with enabling it.

If it complains that it cannot detect the network, you have a "difficult
to pass" network and you are on your own, i.e. sometimes it might work,
sometimes not.  I cannot help here unfortunately.

It's a pity that having that single port blocked causes such trouble. ):
When I use netcat at both ends to test the UDP forwarding of the other
ports they all come through just fine. Thank you for looking, anyway.

Annoyingly, when the local user starts ekiga, it fails with the
transport error, but when I start it remotely over ssh -CX, it succeeds
in registering, so it feels so nearly there. The likeliest explanation
for this, perhaps, is a matter of timing. Ah well.

-- Mark