Re: [Ekiga-list] Registration failure

On 06/03/14 18:25, Mark Carroll wrote:
Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> writes:

On 05/03/14 21:25, Mark Carroll wrote:
I am trying to help remotely with difficulty registering. When I log
into the user's machine with ssh -CX and try running their ekiga it
registers okay for me, but quite often the local user seems to have some
kind of transport error reported. I got them to capture a log:
http://pastebin.com/xjhJN0u0

You do not have Network detection enabled.  Registering to ekiga.net in
your case needs that option checked on.

Ah, thank you. It is interesting that it sometimes works, sometimes
doesn't, with it disabled. As I recall if I turn it on it always
complains that it can't detect the network. (This is the system with
inbound 5060 blocked.) I'll experiment again with enabling it.

If it complains that it cannot detect the network, you have a "difficult to pass" network and you are on your own, i.e. sometimes it might work, sometimes not. I cannot help here unfortunately.