Re: [Ekiga-list] Configuration disappeared

On 28/01/14 01:46, Tony Moody wrote:
On 24 Jan 2014 at 14:17, Eugen Dedu wrote about :
Subject : Re: [Ekiga-list] Configuration disa

Date sent:              Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:17:25 +0100
From:                   Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>
Subject:                Re: [Ekiga-list] Configuration disappeared

On 24/01/14 13:23, Tony Moody wrote:
Hi Folks,

Configuration details have been deleted by something. How could that
happen? What could cause that?

I am left with Ekiga with the original admin blank startup details. This
is Second time that has happened. First time I was fussing a lot on the
pc. This time there was no fiddling on my part. Running XP

I had found my saved copy of ekiga.conf and saved it to C:\Documents and
Settings\Admin\Application Data\ekiga.conf but no change.

OK now I have bludgeoned it by Exit ekiga, Copy contents of saved
ekiga.conf and pasting into the working file as above . Restart Ekiga ;
IT WORKS. I'm baffled why the file copy did not work. Could only be be
own finger trouble.

Could you be more precise?  Do you mean that one day when you started
ekiga, it lost its settings?

If yes, what ekiga version do you run?  Have you upgraded gtk+ on your
machine (possibly from another application which uses it)?

OK, a momentary Power Failure caused pc to crash and which caused Ekiga to lose all
settings. Ekiga restored by copy contents of saved backup file to C:\Documents and
Settings\Admin\Application Data\ekiga.conf

Ok. Ekiga uses now gsettings to store configuration settings. Hope gsettings does not have this problem.