Re: [Ekiga-list] Configuration disappeared

On 24/01/14 13:23, Tony Moody wrote:
Hi Folks,

Configuration details have been deleted by something. How could that happen? What could
cause that?

I am left with Ekiga with the original admin blank startup details. This is Second time that has
happened. First time I was fussing a lot on the pc. This time there was no fiddling on my part.
Running XP

I had found my saved copy of ekiga.conf and saved it to C:\Documents and
Settings\Admin\Application Data\ekiga.conf but no change.

OK now I have bludgeoned it by Exit ekiga, Copy contents of saved ekiga.conf and pasting
into the working file as above . Restart Ekiga ; IT WORKS. I'm baffled why the file copy did
not work. Could only be be own finger trouble.

Could you be more precise? Do you mean that one day when you started ekiga, it lost its settings?

If yes, what ekiga version do you run? Have you upgraded gtk+ on your machine (possibly from another application which uses it)?